Graduate School Information
Graduate Preparation Component
Oklahoma State University
- August-September: Begin search for sources of financial aid for graduate school
- September-June: Create and maintain contacts with potential reference writers through coursework, mentored research, internships, etc.
- January-February: Scholars will begin their research on potential graduate schools and request information and applications
- February-May: Develop Graduate School Portfolio
- January – March: Scholars will begin Online GRE Preparation Classes
- Schedule summer GRE Test
- August-September: Request financial information from programs and other sources
- September-December: Commit to top 3 choices of graduate school and complete application process
- September-December: Complete all financial aid applications
- September-December: Prepare writers for letters of recommendation. Provide them with necessary forms, sample letter, and a brief resume
- September-December: Last chance for GRE Test. Take subject tests if required
- January-March: Meet all deadlines
- January-March: Confirm that letters have been received by deadline
- April-May: Inform OKAMP and letter writers of outcomes of applications
Financial Aid and Scholarships Guide
- Alternative Ways to Pay for Graduate School: http://www.gograd.org/
- Opportunities and Resources for Funding Your PhD: http://www.gograd.org/
- Graduate Student's Guidebook to Financial Aid: http://www.gograd.org/
- Scholarship Opportunities for Graduate Students: http://www.gograd.
- Graduate Resources for Women in STEM: http://www.gograd.org/
- Graduate Degree Programs, Funding Opportunities, and Student Resources: http://www.gograd.
The following documents should be of help in providing guidance in your consideration and preparation for graduate school. Just click the title to view each document.