To develop and support efforts that help the Oklahoma State University System achieve and maintain environments, where all members are actively broadening their perspectives about differences; actively seeking to know individuals; actively including all members of the community in every aspect of the organization; and where students achieve academic excellence.
Key Action Steps:
- Provide seminars, workshops, courses, and other activities that afford individuals (students, staff, faculty and community members) with opportunities to broaden their perspectives regarding differences and notions of inclusion.
- Recruit, retain, and provide internships for undergraduate and graduate students who actively promote the importance of an inclusively diverse community of learners and the world.
- Recruit and retain staff and faculty who actively promote the importance of an inclusively diverse community of learners and world.
- Promote and reward student academic excellence.
- Serve the surrounding communities in ways that actively promote the importance of an inclusively diverse community and world.
At Oklahoma State University, we place great value on the differences of our people. Diversity in action should empower individuals to think and act in ways that will embrace and promote a more inclusive world.